01 February 2010

save the date.


I went to the beach for a quick planning trip this weekend.  Mom and I went to check out the house Sam's parents are renting (so cute!) and the length of the beach.  Not that we are having a ton of people, but I wanted to make sure that we can stand not too close to the water.  (We're totally fine, btw).  See?


 

I made the sticks stand in for me and Sam.  It was so great to be able to stick my toes in the water--even if they were numb and tingly for the next half hour.  While we were plotting out imaginary chairs, we even had a surprise dolphin spotting.  I've convinced myself that if the dolphins show up for the wedding, it will be a sort of "blessing of the fleet" moment. Call me a mystic, but I really want those dolphins to show up.  And then we found some driftwood.  So I shot my ring! 



That was all on Friday. Of course, the rest of the weekend was spent doing real wedding stuff  like cupcake testing!  You will be happy to know that after much research (9 cupcakes, 3 places), I've officially found the greatest cupcakes ever.  They even rival Sprinkles--which says a lot.  And now, may I present the gold medal winners: 

top to bottom (l-r): double chocolate, red velvet, and wedding cake

Take my word for it: best. cupcakes. ever.  Or come to the wedding and find out yourself.  I'll even take flavor requests!  


2 comments: