17 February 2010

hair today. gone tomorrow.

Ha! It's not often I come up with a cool title that actually works with my post, but I think that this works well.  So what do you do with your hair on your wedding day? Especially, a wedding day on the beach? My hair has to go up or back.  It's frizzy enough by itself.  Kind of like this:

 

True story: my freshman year of college, I was in a hair show.  And looked just like this.  This is how it all went down.  If you know me, than you know what a sucker I am.  Those kiosks in the mall? Can see me coming a mile away.  So, when the hair chick came and started complimenting my shoulder length chi-straightened hair, I fell hook, line and sinker.  Which explains how I spent the next weekend walking around the BJCC with half my hair a giant frizzball and the other half so smooth.  And also more than half of it cut off.  Yeah, not my best moment. 
So, this could totally happen if my naturally curly hair is let loose on the beach.  Only imagine all my hair like that.  This will not make for an attractive picture.  At all. 

My hair will have to be back.  The question is: how? I'm not exactly the traditional bun or fancy chignon / french twist. I think something slightly messy, to the side, and with braids. Can I pull it off?  I'm so over making decisions right now!  So, dear readers, I'm going to let you decide.  Pick option a, b, or c and let me know in the comments! BTW, no veil.  Am debating on flower or headband.

 A: slightly pouffy ponytail or maybe bun

 B: messy braids

 C. really messy braids

Ok.  Can't wait to hear what you think!




7 comments:

  1. C - I can see your hair like that - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely C, B looks a little to messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is a combo of B and C. Braids to keep the little shorter bits back, C to make a fun bun/curly ponytail bit of beach wedding beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C C C!!! Love it & sounds like it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B all the way. i LOVE it. beachy yet still sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhhh, Kristen, I LOVE C and you could totally pull it off!!! You are going to be so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete