15 February 2010

snow day(s).

It snowed.  It stayed.  It's still snowing.  Tonight while driving home from the grocery, the snow sparkled in the lights, and as it busily whirled down, it felt like someone was shaking a snow globe.  And for just a second, it was romantic and beautiful and made me feel warm and fuzzy.  Until I walked up the stairs to find ice.  (And subsequently almost landed at the bottom.)   Alabama and my apartment are just not used to the fluffy white stuff.

 
i can't really explain how i took this picture, but it turned out kind of cool!

I know that you guys up north will laugh at our tiny 2 inches.  But we closed schools, stocked up on bread and milk, and waited with our fingers crossed and eyes shut to wake up to snow.  Except, we didn't wake up to it. But by noon on Friday, we were prepared to shut 'er down. 

 
the snow by noon on the plants at work

Guess folks made a lot of French toast this weekend because really, what can you do with all of the bread and milk?  At least this time, the meteorologists weren't laughed out of town. (I'm looking at you, James Span.)  It's even snowing right now (forecast: 1/2 inch or less).  Me? I locked the doors, cranked the heat, grabbed the blankets and only went out when absolutely necessary (i.e. Parker had to pee). 

 
please, mom, don't make me wear your scarf every time we go out!
now, this is when those cool dog boots would come in handy. 

We both think that snow looks a lot prettier when you don't get your footprints in it. And Sam holed up in bed.  Poor thing, he completely missed the snow and Valentine's Day because of a nasty cold. I don't think he got to enjoy any of it.  We're still busily planning, though, so don't worry.  The snow didn't really slow us down at all. 

2 comments:

  1. Parker wearing the scarf reminds me of my favorite comedian (Brian Regan) joking about vests. "I sure am glad they make these vests because I was really cold right here," as he rubs his chest. "But not on my arms at all. No, that would have been too much."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam loves Brian Regan! Too funny. Pdog loves the scarf actually...it makes her feel very model-y. Speaking of which, make sure to check her out in an upcoming issue :)

    ReplyDelete