11 January 2010

Wanted: 1 really good photographer

Oh, this is funny.  Really funny. I find photographers for a living, but I can't seem to find one for my own wedding.  It hasn't escaped me that the two are probably related.  On the chance that they are not, this is not funny or ironic.  It's annoying.

There are worse things in the world, I know.  But right now, it's really annoying that the perfect wedding photographer hasn't popped up.

I definitely don't want a gimmick.  Today alone, I've looked at countless websites with cheesy names and even cheesier images (no, we don't want our picture taken in a bathtub or running through the ocean, thanks).  And I don't want to trash my dress--even after the ceremony.  (Are you kidding me? I paid actual money for this; I'd rather not trash it even if it sits in a box in my closet for the next 50 years.) I don't want a hard-to-navigate website or flashing colors.  I don't want weird angles in my pictures (yes, the horizon is actually straighter than that, thanks).  I could show you examples of all these, but...I also don't want to burn any bridges just in case I have to resort to these cheesy photographers.

Here's what I want: a great photographer with a good personality and an even better eye. I want good coverage for the wedding and the reception.  I want photos of my family and friends (with and without us) that we'll love looking back at 50 years from now.  I want a photographer comfortable with film because there's no escaping that quality.  But he / she should be good at digital because the immediacy and flexibility can't be beat.  I want the details.  I want to not spend $4500.  And mostly, I want to find someone soon.  I'm about at the end of my decision making limit...pretty soon, I'll be picking burgundy napkins and foie gras just because I don't care. (eww.)




 
Someone who shoots like this.   Or this.

So to all the photographers out there, give me a call or send me an email. PS...if any of you who actually read this know of someone that matches my description, let me know.  i'll be eternally grateful. or at least less stressed.




                                  




*Tara Donne for Martha Stewart Weddings

6 comments:

  1. http://www.plusbob.com/
    http://www.calebchanceyphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and...

    http://www.danielmeigsweddings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, crystal. I think I've looked at all of these sites, and these photographers are great.

    I think my problem is I'm trying to find someone local. + i feel like any person with a digital camera (and no skills) can create a website, so I'm being super picky. Totally my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I grew up with Jerry Favorite, his mother (retired) did my wedding. They are well known in Jacksonville. While he will do 'gimmick pictures', it's not his specialty. http://www.jerryfavoriteblog.com/

    He's also on FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Augustine-FL/Jerry-Favorite-Photography/155650796400?ref=share

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now in love with both the photography and the web site of Tara Donne. I aspire to be here and I want her to follow me around and document my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abbi: we shoot with Tara some, and yes. I love her. (She shot Grace Bonney's wedding for MS Weddings). Look at her travel and still life work. It's my fave.

    ReplyDelete