06 January 2010

keep calm.

I don't normally fancy myself a highly excitable person. Unless, of course, there's ice cream involved. But overall, I try to keep things calm. (And I can see Sam rolling his eyes.) So let me start again. In a perfect world, I would not be a highly excitable person. On a good day, I can breathe slowly and let things roll off my back. Every other day, I struggle just to roll with it.

So with the short wedding planning, crazy production month, and teaching schedule, I'm about to lose my mind. I walk out of the house without my coffee or the box that I needed to mail back two days ago. I have a to-do list that's 53 items long; the first item being to check my to do list. I forget to lock the door; I leave the candles burning all night long. I need to finish up the invitations, put together an inspiration board, lose ten pounds, and on and on and on. You can probably guess that I haven't been very calm for awhile.

I love this poster. (You can order your own here.) I've read that the British government printed these (in red) during WWII to put around the subway system. (It seems important to mention that at least two co-workers have these in their office.) Seems to be an admirable quality and very British sterotype: all stiff upper lip and stoicism.

So that's my new New Year's resolve. Keep calm. No panic. Keep all arms and legs inside the car at all times. And carry on. At least for the next 72 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment