04 January 2010

the why.




I'm Kristen and I'm engaged, as of the last Saturday in November (also known as get your Christmas tree day). I'm kind of hoping that just admitting that will lead to peace of mind. You know, like the first step in AA. Today, I read Glamour magazine's "top 12 things you need to do after you get engaged", and realized how far behind I was. It was interesting, if a little stress inducing. Top thing on the list? Call all of your relatives. Hmmm. Sorry, relatives! For those of you who don't know (all 2 of you?), we're engaged! Numbers 2 and 3 haven't been done either: we're on that though. But number 5 was an idea I can get behind--and today! So, in good bridal fashion, I'm creating a blog. I'm sure that I'll post dates and locations and even ideas. Starting with...how we met (and subsequently got engaged) in less than 70 words: we went to high school together @ LCS in lakeland. sam went to college. i moved to birmingham. then went to college. commenced extremely different life experiences which led us to the same place. fed up in a coffee shop in birmingham. started dating. introduced our dogs. redid a kitchen. went to florida. went to california. picked out a christmas tree. went to florida (again). started planning a wedding.

phew! i covered the last 13 years pretty fast, huh?

so, for now, here's the need to know.

THE date (which Glamour put as number 4 on the list): March 19, 2010 (less than 3 months away. bet there's not a planning book out there that will touch this one!)

1 comment:

  1. You write as if you work for a magazine. :) And it only took an engagement to get you to start a blog. Keep up the good work Sam.

    ReplyDelete