08 January 2010

the color.

It's cold, today.  Really cold.  And after all that talk about snow, there was no accumulation, no ice, and no problems (for which we're really grateful, but they let out schools and closed the libraries)

I've been working on this post all week, but between my crazy schedule (see below) and the BCS game (13. Roll Tide!), my poor color inspiration board fell to the bottom of the list.  However, I blocked out lunch to create this today.  And it was necessary.  As a non-degreed creative person (meaning, I went to school for English, not graphic design), I needed to organize my thoughts as quickly as possible.

From top left: Country Living, Mint Paper, Paulette Macarons, 
Snippet & Ink, Red Photo Co, Meg Smith, Sprinkles Cupcakes, Sundance Catalog


It's funny.  I've been saying since before I was engaged that I wanted a green and white wedding--with accents of navy blue and gray.  However, when I finally sat down and got to work, no navy blue or gray.  Maybe it's necessary to repeat the process a few more times, but I happen to really like this board. The details are fab: I love the twine wrapped around the glass jars and am hoping that this can somehow be worked into my reception.  I love the messy flowers. And of course, there must be a peace sign somewhere.  It's the theme of my 20s!

Somehow I want to mix industrial aspects, maybe zinc letters or numbers, in with natural aspects, like driftwood.  I really just want my wedding to look like a page out of an Anthropologie catalog.  Big twinkly lights, maybe paper lanterns, and a fire.  I think it will work...




Now we just need the weather to cooperate (sunny warm day, please), and we're good to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment