22 September 2010

mmm, cookies.


I'm a chocolate girl--through and through. My favorite desserts almost always involve lots and lots of dark, bitter chocolate. But when a Friday afternoon blog favorite featured lemon sugar cookies, my mouth watered. Apparently, so did my co-workers--within minutes, an email circulated that said "if anyone wants to do any baking....these look delicious." 


Two batches later, I'm pretty sure this recipe is a keeper.  After just eight minutes, the cookies come out of the oven perfectly soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside.  They hold up quite well too. I think they could have used a little more lemon flavor, but I might be the only one.  Just so you know, they're delicately-flavored-with-lemon sugar cookies.  That's for all you lemon haters out there. Best of all, they're fast.  And homemade, which means you get to eat all the dough you want. 

I did try to use the homemade stamp, but they spread--a lot! 

Recipe here

Note: I zested two lemons for the first batch, and for the second, I zested two lemons and a lime, plus added all of the juice from one of the lemons. (See, I told you I wanted more of a lemon taste.) Sadly, they tasted about the same.

3 comments:

  1. yum..these look delicious..if you need to test your recipe again you know where to find me and your favorite niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm wonder what happened to that deal whoever wants to buy me this homemade cookie stamp they would get a batch of cookies? These look pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom--I'm sorry! I know I was supposed to bake some cookies for you, but until I find a recipe with no sugar ;), well, you can't eat them anyway. Also, I baked some this weekend to send, but the dog ate them. And she really did. Ask Kelly because I was going to bring her some, too. Or Keri--who discovered the treachery. Damn dog.

    ReplyDelete