15 March 2010

sharing a bed.

It's not what you think.  No, honestly, it really isn't.  You see, for the past seven years, I've shared a bed, well, a whole house, really with this monster.
sadly, that baby is no longer with us.  i think it died a horrible death of getting its squeaker ripped out.  RIP, monkey. 

Just in case you're not familiar with her, this is Parker.  She hasn't really gotten a lot of play on the blog, but she's definitely a huge part of my life.  And my bed.  Since I'm soon to be sharing a bed--and a house--with 6 more legs (Sam + Luther), I think Parker's getting kicked out. But I'm fighting it the whole way.  I hear you though, you're wondering how I can push this sweet (often noisy, very hairy, and constantly chasing rabbits) friend out of my bed?

*people, this is not a joke or even a set up picture.  it's a nightly occurrence.  what starts as a  horizontal dog at the bottom winds up as a vertical dog under the covers.  Not joking. 

I know; I'm wondering it too.  So I'm not making any promises, but tonight, I decided to try.  And guess who's snoring on her own bed just like a big girl? 

 
this picture made possible by my mom and brother-in-law.  i think they're the dog whisperers.  

Yep, it looks like my baby's all grown up.  And if I wasn't just so excited to have a whole bed to myself for the next few days, I might shed a few tears.  Instead, I think I'll knock on some wood.  And stretch out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment