12 May 2010

pink peonies.



i call them PEE-uh-knees. my grandma calls them pee-OHN-knees.  technically, i don't know which of us is correct.  how have i lived my entire life without declaring them my favorite flower before now? lately, i've been obsessed, like used them in every single arrangement i've made, and i've done a few over the past 5 days.  i've used them as the star in mother's day bouquets and as the jumping off point for kelly's baby shower flowers.  i just can't get enough; today i whined that i wanted one for my desk at work, but i had given them all away.



it's odd. i'm not very girly-girl. ok, so with the exception of wanting a sparkly ring, i don't make typical "girl" choices at all: i don't really have any pink clothes.  and i'll almost always choose blue  / green over any shade of red or pink.  but i melt for pink peonies.  



in other news, i'm thinking of changing the blog name.  i mean, i've already completed the process of changing my last name and until we actually get to adding more names, it doesn't really work.  i have a couple of titles in mind, so i might try them out.  you'll be the first to know... and i promise to start blogging more regularly.  i've really missed this corner of the internet. 

3 comments:

  1. I love these flowers too! I say peOny but the correct way is the way you're saying it. Post pics of the arrangements you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen you are so talented - Thank you for my beautiful Mother's Day flowers that you arranged with these peonies - i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. becky: mom has fb pictures of the baby shower arrangments. sadly, i didn't take any pictures of my mother's day ones.

    mom: you're welcome; love you too!

    ReplyDelete